Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Reyes Cardenas's "Calcetines"

I just posted this to
  • Reyes Cardenas's blog & I just gotta post his poem, "Calcetines".

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lorna Dee Cervantes  said...

    Dang, Reyes! You make me cry. That good. My son gets a bag of underwear every year, along with all his other presents, just to remember, just so I re-member. Gracias, for remembering. I think I'll go wrap something in the funny papers now...

    April 20, 2005 9:49 AM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




    Wednesday, April 20, 2005




    Calcetines

    We were so poor
    when we were growing up
    Christmas meant

    a pair of socks for me,
    and that was it.
    My uncle Frank

    and Aunt Luisa
    gave me those socks
    once a year

    whether
    I needed them
    or not.

    These were not the socks
    from Neruda’s
    Ode To A Sock,

    these were not
    Kafka’s
    insect socks,

    these were not
    sock drawers
    in a Borges mirror,

    these were plain and simple
    brown, chicano
    socks.

    Now all
    I needed
    was zapatos.



    posted by RC @ 3:00 AM

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    This is a nice post about variety of Socks and its a very needed information.
    Thanks for such an important post.
    Thanks

    25/11/08 20:48  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
    $223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
    Cost of the War in Iraq
    $196,424,846,878
    To see more details, click here.
    Textbook125x125button
    Radical Women of Color Bloggers
    Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next