Tuesday, November 22, 2005

MemeMe MeMeMe

Bill Snodgrass actually does that. I started doing it in my old age, beginning in Washington for the debut reading. I can only do it in the most goofy way possible. Vowels and consonants in combinations in scales. That's what I heard before the lights went out: "MoMoMoMo-Moh shit!"

I stole this from a Sunni Sister I came across (Jetsam and Flotsam: what comes up in the surf) who's feeling dissed. I even stole some of her answers. Her words are in quotes. Some day soon, post novel-november, I'll update my links (I don't know how to roll, yo). ~ LDC
~~~~~~~~~~~
Meme of Me

"Salaam ‘Alaikum

Haven’t done one of these in a while. Found it on a Live Journal called New Number 6. Feel free to play along (please? No one ever copies the memes I post. I feel terribly dissed, yo)."


What is your occupation?: "Mother, wife, writer, troublemaker, timewaster, food taster, book reader, wannabe seeker of knowledge."

What are you listening to right now?: "the whir of the computer"

What was the last thing you ate? Popcorn.

How is the weather right now? "Cold and dry" Colorado sun out.

Have you ever dyed your hair? None of your walnut shells.

Do you wear contacts or glasses? nope -- but I have a hard time without sunglasses, burned out my eyes reading in the snow in my backyard first year I got to CO

Pets? rescued dog from Mexico & pound cat (rescued kitten)

Favorite month? the one I'm in.

Favorite food? the one I'm ettin'. *UPDATE: The one you're cookin'.

What was the last movie you watched? Crash

What do you do to vent anger? walk around in circles muttering to myself *UPDATE: I don't do anything and get ulcers.

Fall or spring? "Spring" !!!

What is on the floor of your closet? JAjajaja! Who know's? I can't see the floor. I think a roll of posters is down there from when I moved in. I once had a house intruder and the police came in the middle of the night to check to see if anyone was still hiding in my house. After opening a few doors, it was easy to see that there were no hiding places! They already thought my house had been rifled, but I assured them, no, everything looks "in its place."

Who is the friend you have had the longest? Who knows? Are they still my friends? I'm a hermit, although I prefer what Osa called me, "Hobbit."

What did you do last night? Typed up poems until I started falling asleep - I've been up trying to write a book of poetry in a weekend. (almost!)

Favorite smell? mangoes

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? What, me mad cow?

Favorite car? What? Me drive? I can't tell one from the other If I did it'd be a truck, '54 Chevy in primer red & a cherry engine (those things are built like tuna boats.) Otherwise, I once saw my dream car parked in my barrio with a for sale sign on it, $400, one of those Goofy Disneyland cars I forgot the name of, oh yeah, a Metropolitan (that even sounds like a car Goofy would drive: my auto-ego): turquoise & black with chrome accents and a white top (convertible?) in excellent condition, best part was the license plate: NOPRBLM.

Number of keys on your key ring? two - the house key is ringless so I'm always losing it

How many states have you lived in? three actual, multitudinous in being

How many places have you lived in? Sixteen, last five in '03.

How much cash do you have on you? $27 and heavy change, not enough to go to Harry Potter with refreshments and transportation (TIME!) nor to buy an xbox 360 mega or something.

What’s a word that rhymes with “TEST”? lest.

Favorite plant? corn (really, though I know it's corny))

Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? What, me celled? "Unavailable" - if you are "Unavailble" I'll never answer

What is your main ring tone on your cell phone? I'm human, that's cellular enough. "Cherish the Brain,' I think that's aa old pop song. My furnace guy had "ALL/ MY/ FRIENDS/ are the lowriders. . ." to a call he didn't answer, after checking, and some contemporary song (did I just type that?) about the office which he picked up immediately and was obviously another job. I thought that was cool. I liked how he showed me how to fix it myself without me asking, as if I was obviously someone who could fix it herself if she only had the time.

What shirt are you wearing? "A sweater" Mine's black, boat-neck, 3/4 sleeve -- oops, I've been writing a book in a weekend and I've had the same shirt on for 3 days, now that you mention it.

What do you “label” yourself? "Geek." Otherwise, "Chicana Poet" (duh)

Name the brand of your shoes you’re currently wearing? JAJAjajaja! Brand? Gray flannel bootie-type slippers (T's gift) with turquoise and purple (my colors!) madras print on the inside

Bright or Dark Room? BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT My office is cold because of the windows & location. I get up early here because it's so BRIGHT. My livingroom, though, is dark dark dark. I f I cared about stuff like that I would have put in sconces on either side of the fireplace but i don't, I just learned that word, sconce, last summer. "Learn something everyday."

What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I think I would like her a lot if i knew her. I like how she talk-writes in all the languages at once.

What were you doing at midnight last night? SLEEPING! [see above answer, re: last night]

What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? "[snip] Ha ha ha ha." [see above answer, re: cell phones]


Do you ever click on “Pop Ups” or Banners? "No. I have enough computer trouble as it is." My pop is perpetually off. I'm on Blogger because it has fewer of that for a free service.

What’s a saying that you say a lot? See some other me-meme. Right now, I've been entertaining T with "See how they are?"

Who told you they loved you last? and meant it? T!

How Many Drugs Have You Done In The Past Three Days? "[snip] (caffeine)" Just one, gave in to the demon coffee this weekend [see above, re: last night]

How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? "About 15. I should just toss ‘em. They’ve moved to four different houses with me." (works for me)

Favorite age you have been so far? 50

Your worst enemy? I wouldn't want to call attention.

What is your current desktop picture? I barely know how to drive this thing, so it has the same blue swooshy mac background it came in. My old one had alternating underwater reef scenes that remind me of Isla. My favorite was one of bosom buddies, a leopard eel and a lamprey hanging in the same crib.

What was the last thing you said to someone? "Wassamatta snooky wooky?" I wish I'd said it. Okay, I'll say it to you know so I said it last. Otherwise, "Close the door, it's cold."

If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to change a major regret? "I’d choose a million dollars b/c the other, I’m sorry to say, to me is tainted with kufr. How can you change your qadr?" This answer interests me. I'll have to find out what this means. Works for me. Otherwise, I choose the probable over the impossible any day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shalom ~ LDC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next