Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Trinidad Sanchez, Jr Suffers Stroke Tuesday Morning

I just received this email from Regina Chavez y Sanchez, Trino's wife, via my friend, Michael, concerning poet, Trino Sanchez, a man who did more than I have time to outline right now for current and future generations of Chicana/o writers and others. Some of my best experiences at a reading have been with Trino. His presence in Denver brightened the barrios; along with his valuable work with young fathers and counseling parents, he took up where the Xicana/o Writer's Group and Floricanto Colorado left off. And as always, Trino took it further. Regina opened up a sandwich shop which became the heart of the cultural movimiento on the Platte. I know I'm not the only one who has been touched and inspired by Trino. Ay, I can hear that jalapeño love poem now. If anyone would like the email and address of Regina and Trino in San Antonio, just let me know and I'll send it to you.

Lorna Dee
-------------------

My beloved husband had a stroke this morning. I called EMS when I was unable to wake him up. He is in Intensive care at the Methodist Hospital in the Medical Center. His condition is critical and we will know more in the next 48 hours. I will leave updates on his condition on our answering machine as they ocurr, because I cannot possibly call everyone, sorry. Please pray for Trino.

Regina Chavez y Sanchez

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmy said...

With all of my prayers for Trinidad--
Emmy

20/7/06 21:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next