Thursday, December 14, 2006

Boycott Christmas This Year

I'm seriously considering boycotting Christmas this year.

My son, of course, was appalled. But most of what he wants won't be available until after, anyways. And he usually gets stuff on 3 Kings Days, El Dia de Tres Magos. "So, what are we going to do instead?!" he asked. "Well," I answered, "I'm seriously thinking of fasting in support of poor indigenous peoples struggles in Mexico and thinking about peace on earth" "But, Christmas! What are we going to do for Christmas?" "Well, I'll still cook stuff. And ... we can make up our own holiday. We can celebrate Buy Everything Day! some other day" He laughed. I laughed. It was funny. And, true. Buy Everything Day -- Coming to your blog soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Viva la resistencia!

14/12/06 18:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know...we think of christmas so commercially. holding up the mighty engine with the dolla. holla.

paint, draw, build, write. i usually make my gifts.

15/12/06 08:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next