Sunday, May 27, 2007

Free Radio Lorna Dee - Radio Camp!

Hey there,

I'm here in the Bay Area, Oakland, to be exact, at "Radio Camp" learning how to build a radio transmitter - then, on to the antenna. I'm also remembering how to solder. Some of you may remember I used to work at a CB radio factory. (See: "What Was I Doing 30 Years Ago?" a couple of blog years ago.) It's kind of fun. O to 40 watts in four days. You, too, can come be a broadcast camper. Next workshop is end of June until the beginning of Fourth of July. Go to www.freeradio.org for more information.

I'm here until June 4th, then, I'LL BE BACK....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Evans said...

Building your own radio--that combined with the Internet, what empowerment!

Lorna Dee: I'd like to feature you as a Monday Poet on my blog in June (today I featured C. Dale Young; go to www.beingandwriting.blogspot.com to see). Would you please email me if you're interested? kattacruz AT sbcglobal DOT net.

Thanks,
Kate Evans

28/5/07 18:44  
Blogger Tammy Gomez said...

You go, grrrl!

Have you met Stephen Dunifer (sp?)--he's one of my micro-powered radio heroes. I love imagining him walking on Mount Tam, with a transmitter in his backpack, broadcasting at a low-frequency to lucky listeners in the Bay.

Oh--one of my best live radio moments was being in the studio while ULALI was singing...it was phenom. beautiful!!

Someday let's start our own radio station!
: )

14/6/07 23:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next