Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Always Did Like This Song..

"Did you ever have to make up your mind?
And say yes to one and leave the other behind?
There's so many changes, and tears you must hide.
Did you ever have to finally decide?

You know, that one would be blue eyed
and cute as a button
with hair down to here
and plenty of money.
And just when you think
she's that one in the world,
your heart gets stolen
by some mousy little girl..."


I've been singing this song to myself for over 40 years - sometimes daily; it's an ingrained habit. I found myself singing and thinking about it tonight. This version, I was about 11 when I first watched it. Besides cute (John Sebastian), I was fascinated by the off rhyme. Maybe that's where I get my penchant for what I call "half, quarter or even, fifth rhymes. Oh course, when I sang it, it was always "he" and "guy", as the circumstances dictated (I always was a sucker go for those mousy little guys.)

But the truth is, I always imagined myself in that slant.


The Lovin' Spoonful

"Then, you bet you better finally decide...".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next