Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Writing A Book For Carlos Santana

On Yesterday's Franklin Planner Page:

My New Goal:

Write the book for Carlos Santana.

I'm Writing A Book For Carlos Santana

Not just any book: The Book. Don't ask me if, how, when or why. I don't know. It's today's dream. A epiphany I had while gazing down on 24th Street Discolandia while applying for any writer job at all.

"I'm writing The Book for Carlos Santana."

I'm just putting it out there, on the net and in the cosmos, into words which our ancestors knew were the bridge to reality, the rope holding up the ceiling of the world.

There. Don't I sound like Carlos Santana?

Maybe I'll just channel him. No. It wouldn't be the same. And "ghost" is not the right word. Midwife the Spirit. That's it.

Carlitos, you listening? Let me write it for you.


* Pssssst, spread it around. Habla la palabra!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob Gray said...

Sounds like a great plan to me!

28/5/09 12:12  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I want to read it!

28/5/09 15:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta read the bio that was already done. If I wrote the Carlos Santana book I'd begin by doing the history of his guitars, starting with the acoustic guitars he played in Mexico and leading up to the PRS Santana model. Now that would be THE Carlos Santana story cuz you'd be writing the story from point of view of what makes Santana Santana, tone and how he developed it, honed tone.

28/5/09 20:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next