Wednesday, September 23, 2009

100-Word Love Poems to Strangers: Poems for Francisco X. Alarcon On His 20th Anniversary

100-Word Love Poem to Javier

for Francísco X. Alarcón



I was alone in shadows,
a thief in the shadows,
a regiment of one in
the shadow of you on
the night you appeared. You
grasped me from the shadows
like the migra grabs lives
out of the transatlantic water.
I am no longer drowning
in the shadow of you.
I am alive to your
shadow, to your flank and
file. I am no longer
groveling in anyone's shadow while
yours lies luxuriously in my
sun. I am enormous with
shadows until the sum of
your tongue. You lick up
the galaxies in my me,
my confidant, compañero de sí.



8-15-09
Lorna Dee Cervantes


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Luna: 100-Word Love Poem to Francísco

For Javier on the 20th Anniversary


All my life I have longed
to touch it, to place
my hands upon its face,
to look up into stars
and rise above it all.
I have longed to tell,
to moonquest and shadow envy,
to lay down in silver
glow, to expand into my
hands. I have touched earth.
I have handled the mud
and daub. I have waited
too long to become what
I am. Before your glow
I was no one at
all. I was a lone
supernova waiting for your comet
as an animal awaits in
the shadow of your eclipse—
Moonlove, longing for your face!




8/25/09
Lorna Dee Cervantes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You, too, can get some love. Send $10 or more to:

Lorna Dee Cervantes
3181 Mission Street, #16
San Francisco, CA 94110

(or drop a check in the mailbox at 2983 24th Street, next to Precita Eyes Muralists Center, SF)

And I'll write you a love poem, to you or yours. Hey, I'll even write one to your little dog, right, Linda? Include your name, name of love, email, date, and what you'd like the poem to express. You can also add any images, phrases, thoughts, including words for the senses: touch, taste, sight, sound, smell; and even if there's any particular form you'd like. Or, you can just say, right me a poem however you want, as Francisco and Javier did. Be sure and include your mailing address so I can send you a hand-written copy of the poem on nice paper. Guaranteed to be valuable. And, don't be surprised if you and your poem get in the book, 100 LOVE POEMS TO STRANGERS.

Love,

Lorna Dee

LornaDeeCervantes at mac (you know what)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous maria luiza pruna said...

I really like your love poems. They are very inspiring in the sense that they appeal to your senses. One can actually visualise the images you're referring to.

26/9/09 10:24  
Blogger Francisco Aragón said...

Hi Lorna:

Loved reading these

29/9/09 20:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
$223,693,000,000 The Most Expensive Impeachment In History!
Cost of the War in Iraq
$196,424,846,878
To see more details, click here.
Textbook125x125button
Radical Women of Color Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next